Later this month I will be giving a free webinar sponsored by McKnights Long-Term Care News & Assisted Living entitled Wound Care: What the Medical Director Needs to Know. This Webinar will be part of McKnights 8th Online Expo, that will feature other webinar topics including MDS 3.0 update, technology in LTC, and survey preparation. McKnight’s Long-Term Care News is a news magazine serving the institutional long-term care field. It reports on the events that affect the way care is delivered across the entire long-term care spectrum, ranging from the lower acuity assisted living setting, to the high acuity skilled nursing setting.
This webinar is intended for medical directors and administrative personnel working in Medicare certified long-term care facilities. It will cover topics including:
- Regulatory scope and responsibility of the medical director related to wound care.
- Nutritional aspects of pressure ulcers.
- Pressure ulcer risk assessment and determination of avoidability.
- Risk management including the recent growth of pressure ulcer litigation.
- Evaluating outsourced wound care services.
- Palliative care for nonhealing wounds.
This webinar will go live on Wednesday, March 26th at 1:00 PM EST. Continuing education credits are available for administrators. If you can’t tune in, the session will be archived for on-demand download. Register for the McKnights Online Expo here. It’s free!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Wound Healing in the Geriatric Patient
Webinar on Palliative Care for Chronic Wounds, sponsored by New York State Department of Health Gold STAMP program to reduce pressure ulcers.
Webinar on Infectious aspects of Chronic Wounds sponsored by New York State Department of Health Gold STAMP program to reduce pressure ulcers.